As part of our organisational reform we worked with the Home Office to write new regulations to change the way the organisation is structured and how our elections are run - these new regulations became law on 31 December 2017. The new process provides a new rank-less structure; there are no longer separate rank committees at local or national level. Find out more about the structure of the organisation.
What is the new election process?
- Members vote for workplace reps (Branch Council)
- The Branch Council vote for the Branch Board members
- Members elect the local Branch Chair
- The Branch Board elects the local Branch Secretary
- Branch Board Chair and Secretary make up the National Council
- National Council votes to elect the National Board
- Members vote to elect the National Chair
- National Board select the General Secretary
- National Board vote in remaining Principal Officers
Rationale for positive action steps