The PFEW Disability Group was created in 2019, and, despite its title, it embraces all aspects of physical and mental difference, in particular neurodiversity, with emphasis on ADHD and ASD.
• To promote understanding of all forms of disability and neurodiversity
• Support the PFEW strategy to recruit disabled officers and those with neurodiversity as elected representatives
• Assisting representatives through training and support to encourage development and progression within PFEW
• Identify and challenge issues that affect our representatives, with emphasis on changing culture through education
• Be a single point of contact and resource regarding disabled and neurodiverse representatives, and acting as a critical friend to all PFEW staff and representatives
• Provide regular updates on emerging issues, and work towards building a framework for representatives to network both locally and nationally, and reach out across stakeholder groups