About Police Federation of England & Wales
When you join the Police Federation of England and Wales, you will be part of a non-for-profit organisation that serves more than 139,000 rank and file police officers in the political and personal arena. You will work with experts in policing, motivated colleagues, and front-line officers to position the organisation as the undisputed voice of policing.
If you enjoy working in a challenging and complex environment, connecting with a diverse range of people, Police Federation of England & Wales is a great place to work.
The Accounts Payable Administrator position is responsible for providing accounts payable services to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate recording, processing, and monitoring of payments and expenditures. This role will work within the finance team to ensure financial records are accurate and up to date, and stakeholders are supported with their accounts payable queries.
- Act as the point of contact for internal stakeholders (Branches, HQ managers) concerning invoices, expenses, credit card transactions and payments
- Set up suppliers (new/amended) details on FMS accurately
- Maintain invoice mailboxes, scanning and inputting supplier invoices to the system accurately
- Liaise with suppliers to rectify any issues that may arise
- Once approved produce payment runs to be agreed with Head of Finance and related BACS payments
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Check and process staff and reps expenses / mileage claims
- Upload monthly credit card transactions, posting of such approved transactions and performing reconciliations to the direct debit payments
- Chase and keep on top of outstanding credit card transactions
- Administration of all new credit card applications
- Maintain and process purchase / sales ledger records
- Maintain various schedules / database
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders: vendors, suppliers, employees and Branches
- Perform key balance sheet reconciliations tasks
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in an accounts payable role
- A high degree of interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to problem solve and convey messages and instructions to a range of stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet manipulation. Previous experience of using finance-based systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics Navision or Microsoft D365
- Good investigative and research skills, with a methodical approach demonstrating a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines to ensure department objectives are achieved
- Able to work successfully as part of a team, have a flexible approach and able to work with limited supervision and use their own initiative
What PFEW will offer you
We offer multiple benefits to our HQ employees including: flexible working, hybrid working, competitive salary, private healthcare, enhanced pension contribution, enhanced leave, employee assistance program, onsite free lunches and refreshments, free onsite gym, free onsite parking, 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service), mental health clinics, support for continuous professional development, employee discounts and more….
- Telephone Interview with Talent Acquisition Lead
- Take home assessment
- Interview with Financial Controller and Financial, Planning and Analysis Manager
*Please note that these duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be changed from time to time in line with the reasonable requirements of the Police Federation and as directed by the line manager, on behalf of the Head of Department.
Cover letter needed?
See job profile