FOI 00254 - Costs related to Andrew Hall inquest
Received:7 April 2021
- Please disclose the total amount claimed in legal expenses, in respect of the above, for the periods ended 31.3.2017; 31.3.2018; 31.3.2019; 31.3.2020; 31.3.2021. To include, but not limited to representation for Members before and at:
- Pre-inquest hearings (Ref 03287-2016)
- Judicial Review (Case ref: CO/3140/2019)
- Court of Appeal (Case refs C1/2019/2881, 2893, 0355)
- Supreme Court - Permission application heard 30th March, 2021 but no court reference available as yet.
- Please also disclose the number of Members funded by the Federation .
- Finally, please provide the sum budgeted to spend on the subject inquest in the financial year ended 31st March, 2022.
Responded:30 April 2021
The Police Federation of England and Wales can confirm that we hold this information.
- Our Claims system does not break down the periods as you have outlined, nor are the invoices submitted in the periods you have outlined therefore we can provide the following:
- Invoices received in 2019 = £60,385
- Invoices received in 2020 = £36,000
- The cost reserve currently set is £396,910 across the duration of the case.