90 days from today is Sun, 06 June 2021

Norfolk Police Federation


The three Police Pension Schemes for Police Officers are currently managed on behalf of the force by Kier Services : -


1. The Police Pension Scheme 1987. (PPS)

2. The New Police Pension Scheme 2006. (NPPS)

3. The Police Pensions Scheme 2015. (CARE)

Each of the above Police Pension Schemes provide their own specific key features and Pension benefits. Kier Services provide a pension website for serving and former police officers. This site is a hub of pension information which will hopefully serve you well during your career and in your retirement. It can be accessed via the below link : -


The website provides information on the above three Police Pension Schemes, including both Members' Guides and the legislation for each scheme. The site also includes details on Taxation, Transferring, Contact details and Useful Links.

As the administrator of the scheme, Kier provide officers with an annual pension statement.

The below address provides details on the Government Actuary's Department (GAD) publication on the Police Pension Scheme 1987 Commutation Guidance and Factors : -


The Commutation Factors can be reviewed at anytime, on the advice of The Government Actuary's Department.

For those who have transferred between the PPS 1987 and the NPPS 2006 to the PPS 2015 (CARE), the below link indicates where accrued rights and transitional protection exist, including the appropriate dates that transitional protection may end : -


Pensions calculator

Following continued lobbying by the PFEW, the Home Office agreed in June 2017 to provide a police pension calculator for officers to allow members to get an idea of their projected pension at retirement, to help them plan for the future. The Home Office launched the calculator in March 2018. Access the pension calculator.

Got more questions?

The Police Pension Schemes are administered locally by each police force. If there are any points about which you would like further help, please contact the pensions’ administrator for your force.

If you are not sure where to find the pensions administrator for your force, your human resources or personnel section should be able to provide the right contact. Alternatively, there is a full list of the pensions’ administrators for all forces in England and Wales on the gov.uk website.

Please click here to access the FAQ's on the 2015 CARE Scheme.