What we do:
The Medical Scheme is a Private Healthcare provision that is available to all serving and retired Leicestershire Police Officers and Police Staff. Cover can also be provided for a member’s spouse/partner and children (up to age 21 years).
The Scheme offers the benefits of Private Healthcare, self-referral physiotherapy and access to counselling all with an easy claims procedure.
Adult cover starts from as little as £21.90 and child cover from just £5.00 per month.
For full Scheme rules and rates click here.
The scheme in brief, provides:
- Access to Private Healthcare
- Generous claim allowances
- Immediate cover and Instant peace of mind
- Cover for your immediate family
In addition, unlike other schemes, there are:
- No upper age limits
- Easy claim procedures
- No premium loading based on health, lifestyle and claims history
- No shareholders, any yearly surplus is retained to keep prices to a minimum
What is covered?
- Access to a Private Hospital for consultations, tests and treatment
- Self-referral Physiotherapy
- Self-referral Counselling
- NHS cash benefits
All members are advised to read the full T&C’s.
How to make a claim:
- Once your GP has carried out all preliminary investigations and has provided you with a referral letter, please forward a copy to email@example.com (GP referrals are not required for Physiotherapy or Counselling)
- Await authorisation from the Medical Scheme. The team will authorise your treatment as quickly as possible and in line with the Scheme rules.
- Once authorisation has been obtained, you will be provided with a claim reference and contact details for our dedicated Account Manager at Spire Leicester who will arrange an appointment for you.
- For members that reside outside of Leicestershire, you will be advised of your authorised healthcare facility once your claim has been authorised.
It is your responsibility to obtain authorisation for all treatment. Failure to do so may affect any claim.