28 days from today is Wed, 07 September 2022
Click here for a quick reference to contact/claim details.
Going on a cruise? (added Feb 2022)
If you require additional travel documentation for your cruise please E mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information
-Date of trip
-Warrant/ Collar number
Once this information is received, and George Burrows have confirmed with Hampshire Federation you are a paying member of the scheme, a letter will be sent to your home address confirming your insurance and a full explanation of how the insurance works.
COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATE CAN BE FOUND HERE
As of 1st December 2021 we appointed George Burrows, group insurance specialists, who have looked after the needs of serving and retired police officers for over 50 years as our insurance partners. Below are some enhancements to the scheme at no additional cost:
• Life Assurance increases for Serving Members:
- from £120,000 to £125,000 for members and from £75,000 to £80,000 for partners
- Child death Grant from £2,000 to £3,000
• New benefit for ALL members:
- Best Doctors® expert second medical opinion service
• Personal Accident enhancements for Serving Members:
- New - Occupationally acquired HIV/Aids/Hepatitis B benefit £40,000
- Increased - Stabbing assault benefit from £1,250 to £1,500
• Sickness benefit for Serving Members:
-Increased from 20% to 30% for weeks 27 to 52, when placed on no pay
• Travel Insurance for ALL members:
- New - £1,000 Car Hire Excess Waiver cover included
- Increased - Personal Belongings cover limit from £1,500 to £2,000
• Mobile Phone insurance for ALL members:
- New - cover extended to include ‘Gadget’s’
- Reduced Excess - Between £50 - £75 (depending on value when new)
- Increased – cover limit for mobile phones from £1,000 to £1,150
- Increased – number of claims accepted per year from one in total to two per insured person (up to four claims per year)
- Extended - overseas cover from 31 days to 90 days per year
- New - Includes children’s devices if paid for by the member
• Motor Breakdown Assistance for ALL members
- Now provided by RAC
If you need to make a claim prior to 1st December 2019 please click here for the relevant claim forms.
Unsure which form you need? Call us on 02380 478916.
If you do subscribe please make sure you know what you are covered for. The scheme booklet explains everything you need to know about the scheme.
If you are not a member of the Group Insurance Scheme but would like to be please complete an application form and return to the Federation Office.
Any questions? Call us on 02380 478916 or email email@example.com.
*retired colleagues can only join the scheme within 30 days of their retirement date unless they wish to join the 70+ insurance scheme.
Unable to sign the declaration? Contact us on 02380 478916.
Additional Life Insurance:
Top up life cover from George Burrows. Developed specifically for serving members and their partners who subscribe to the Federation Group Insurance Scheme. For full details and level of cover click here.