28 days from today is Tue, 23 February 2021
Click here for a quick reference to contact/claim details.
COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATE CAN BE FOUND HERE
The Federation has recently completed a tender process with a full review of the Group Insurance Scheme to ensure the products and services provided offer the best possible value for subscribing members.
As of 1st December 2019 we appointed George Burrows, group insurance specialists, who have looked after the needs of serving and retired police officers for over 50 years as our insurance partners. Below are some enhancements to the scheme at no additional cost:
• Life Assurance increases for Serving Members:
- from £120,000 to £125,000 for members and from £75,000 to £80,000 for partners
- Child death Grant from £2,000 to £3,000
• New benefit for ALL members:
- Best Doctors® expert second medical opinion service
• Personal Accident enhancements for Serving Members:
- New - Occupationally acquired HIV/Aids/Hepatitis B benefit £40,000
- Increased - Stabbing assault benefit from £1,250 to £1,500
• Sickness benefit for Serving Members:
-Increased from 20% to 30% for weeks 27 to 52, when placed on no pay
• Travel Insurance for ALL members:
- New - £1,000 Car Hire Excess Waiver cover included
- Increased - Personal Belongings cover limit from £1,500 to £2,000
• Mobile Phone insurance for ALL members:
- New - cover extended to include ‘Gadget’s’
- Reduced Excess - from £75 to a maximum of £50
- Increased – cover limit for mobile phones from £1,000 to £1,150
- Increased – number of claims accepted per year from one in total to two per insured person (up to four claims per year)
- Extended - overseas cover from 31 days to 90 days per year
- New - Includes children’s devices if paid for by the member
• Motor Breakdown Assistance for ALL members
- Now provided by RAC
If you need to make a claim prior to 1st December 2019 please click here for the relevant claim forms.
Unsure which form you need? Call us on 02380 478916.
If you do subscribe please make sure you know what you are covered for. The scheme booklet explains everything and with the Winter upon us this is the time when the Home Emergency part of the scheme is relied upon more than ever.
If you are not a member of the Group Insurance Scheme but would like to be please complete an application form and return to the Federation Office.
Any questions? Call us on 02380 478916 or email email@example.com.
*retired colleagues can only join the scheme within 30 days of their retirement date unless they wish to join the 70+ insurance scheme.
Unable to sign the declaration? Contact us on 02380 478916.
Additional Life Insurance:
Top up life cover from George Burrows. Developed specifically for serving members and their partners who subscribe to the Federation Group Insurance Scheme. For full details and level of cover click here.