How We Can Help
The Federation negotiates on all aspects of pay, allowances, hours of duty and pension matters. The Federation is at the forefront of promoting equality issues nationally and within Force and can advise on issues relating to all forms of discrimination and Fairness at Work issues. We can provide free legal advice and representation for many issues including criminal, discipline, traffic and personal injury. We can also provide legal advice and representation for unlawful discrimination and pension appeals. Under the Federation Fund Rules we can provide the following to Members:
- Free legal advice and representation for Members facing criminal proceedings when on duty;
- Free legal advice and representation to members charged with an offence while driving on duty;
- Legal advice and representation for discipline issues;
- Provide representation at Employment Tribunals;
- Advice and assistance when giving evidence at inquests;
- Welfare advice and assistance for personal issues;
- Advice by a trained 'friend' for all discipline matters;
- Advice and assistance with civil claims and Industrial Injuries claims;
- Assist with Fairness at Work issues
- Offer advice and assistance for sexual, racial or other discriminatory harassment;
- Support defamation proceedings (in certain circumstances) on behalf of members; In addition to areas covered under the Fund Rules, the Wiltshire Police Federation Joint Branch Board also run a number of other schemes, which are optional for members. These include:
- An Insurance Scheme providing life, critical illness, personal accident, sick pay, travel and legal expenses cover;
- Membership of a Credit Union;
- Weekend breaks;
- RCI holidays abroad;
- Mortgages and personal loans;
- Discounts with a range of providers for things such as ferry fares and airport parking.
This list is not exhaustive and full details can be found on our Member Services pages of this website.
Most of these local schemes are open to members spouse/partner and families and wherever possible are available to members of Support Staff and other police staff associations. More detail of these schemes can be found under the 'Member Services' area of this site.