90 days from today is Thu, 28 December 2023
The Group Insurance Scheme offers fantastic value for our members by providing a range of cover, including Life Assurance, Legal cover, RAC motor breakdown plus critical illness insurance and all at a competitive price.
Specifically developed for police officers and designed to protect you when you need it most.
Any Serving Officer or Special Constable who is a Subscribing member of the Police Federation.
Join at any time throughout your service but no later than 3 months prior to your retirement.
• New recruits who sign up for the insurance will receive the first 26 weeks from their joining date free with a further 26 weeks at half price currently £18.09 (officer only)
• Officers with over one years’ service including transferees can insure themselves for £29.99 per month (officer only)
* Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see policy wordings below for full terms and conditions.
Please Note: The Group Insurance Scheme is an additional insurance for Federated members. It is not included in your Federation membership.
You can insure a spouse or a partner providing the partner definition below is met: -
Partner means the person to whom the member of the associated policy is married or, if the member is not married, a person who is openly co-habiting with him or her and who has been so cohabiting for the six months’ period prior to the date of their inclusion in the policy, and on whom such a member is financially interdependent.
• If you are a new recruit the spouse/partner cover is also free for the first 26 weeks from your joining date with a further 26 weeks at half price currently £24.34 (officer and spouse/partner).
• Officers with over one year’s service (including transferees) can insure themselves and their spouse/partner for £38.45 per month
Cover for a spouse/partner includes: -
£60,000 life insurance,
£7,500 critical illness cover,
Mobile / Gadget,
RAC breakdown cover
Unless we are told otherwise, your Group Insurance Scheme will automatically continue when you retire with payments coming from your pension. For a full list of benefits for retired officers please see the policy document here.
To sign up please fill out the relevant form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org: -
Additional Life assurance payments go direct to George Burrows. Please fill out the DD mandate with your application and return to email@example.com.
Travel Insurance refund for officers who reside together as spouse or cohabiting partners - click here for more information
To update your beneficiary details (Officer only) please click here
To update your beneficiary details (Officer & Partner) click here
George Burrows is the trading name of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Ltd (AJG). We are the data controller of any personal information you provide to us or personal information that has been provided to us by a third party. We collect and process information about you in order to arrange insurance policies and to process claims. Your information is also used for business purposes such as fraud prevention and detection and financial management. This may involve sharing your information with third parties such as insurers, reinsurers, other brokers, claims handlers, loss adjusters, credit reference agencies, service providers, professional advisors, our regulators, police and government agencies or fraud prevention agencies.