Charity ACTION FOR CARERS SURREY
Action for Carers Surrey provide free, independent information, advice and support to unpaid family and friend carers aged 5-95, right across Surrey.
- Face-to-face and telephone support (call 0303 040 1234), for information, advice and signposting
- 14 free ‘drop-in’ Hubs for carers, at locations across Surrey
- A wide range of events (on Zoom and face to face): from learning, training and information, to wellbeing and relaxation, giving you time out from your caring role
- Support groups and workshops
- Benefits advice, including guidance on what you’re entitled to
- A dedicated team providing moving and handling advice and training — helping you keep your back safe
- Advocacy, and information on your rights as a carer
- Carer Advisors to help you in Surrey’s main hospitals
- A wealth of free resources, including regular newsletters, email updates and www.actionforcarers.org.uk
- Specialist support, for example for parent carers, on dementia, mental health
- Surrey Young Carers (part of Action for Carers) gives free support to carers under 18. They run drop-ins, forums, activities and groups and give young carers time out from caring. They also help schools in their support of young carers.
Call 0303 040 1234
Text (only) 07723 486730