90 days from today is Fri, 24 April 2020
ANNEX T DETERMINATION FOR REGULATION 33: TIME OFF FOR DEPENDANTS
1) A member of a police force is entitled to be permitted by his chief officer to take a reasonable amount of time off during his normal duty periods in order to take action which is necessary:
a) to provide assistance on an occasion when a dependant falls ill, gives birth or is injured or assaulted,
b) to make arrangements for the provision of care for a dependant who is ill or injured,
c) in consequence of the death of a dependant,
d) because of the unexpected disruption or termination of arrangements for the care of a dependant, or
e) to deal with an incident which involves a child of the member and which occurs unexpectedly in a period during which an educational establishment which the child attends is responsible for him.
2) Paragraph (1) does not apply unless the member:
a) tells his chief officer the reason for his absence as soon as reasonably practicable, and
b) except where paragraph (a) cannot be complied with until after the member has returned to duty, tells his chief officer for how long he expects to be absent.
3) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), for the purposes of this section “dependant” means, in relation to a member of a police force:
a) a spouse,
b) a child,
c) a parent,
d) a person who lives in the same household as the member, otherwise than by reason of being his employee, tenant, lodger or boarder.
4) For the purposes of paragraphs (1)(a) or (b) “dependant” includes, in addition to the persons mentioned in paragraph (3), any person who reasonably relies on the member:
a) for assistance on an occasion when the person falls ill or is injured or assaulted, or
b) to make arrangements for the provision of care in the event of illness or injury.
5) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(d) “dependant” includes, in addition to the persons mentioned in paragraph (3), any person who reasonably relies on the member to make arrangements for the provision of care.
6) A reference in this determination to illness or injury includes a reference to mental illness or injury.
7) Leave taken as time off for dependants shall be treated as duty.
Other useful documents