Free Retirement seminars from Metfriendly for Sussex police officers
8 October 2020
Working in the police may well be the only career you’ve known. Do you know what to do with your finances and career when you retire from the police?
Come and find out more an “Options” seminar where Metfriendly will talk to you about to expect and what you can do to approach your police retirement with confidence.
Metfriendly has been helping officers since 1893 and is owned by its Police family members, so everything it does has your best interests at the very heart.
- What your pension is likely to provide
- Financial planning implications to consider such as wills, Lasting Power of Attorney, inheritance tax planning, trusts and estate planning (delivered by independent firm Lifetime Solicitors)
- What to expect if you're looking for a new career
If you’re less than 5 years away from retiring from the Police Service, it’s not too early to start thinking about your options.
All seminars are individually tailored to either police officers or police staff – please select the appropriate session.
- Webinar (Police Officers only) Tue, 6 Oct 10:00 Book now
- Webinar (Police Officers only) Thu, 15 Oct 10:00 Book now
- Webinar (Police Officers only) Tue, 20 Oct 10:00 Book now
- Webinar (Police Officers only) Tue, 27 Oct 10:00 Book now
- Webinar (Police Staff only) Tue, 10 Nov 10:00 Book now
If you'd like to bring your partner or spouse, please book separately under each name.
Already thinking about investing a sum of money?
If you already have a sum of money and would like to talk to someone about how to invest it, below are details for how to get in touch.
- Book a one-to-one meeting for a Metfriendly representative to speak with or visit you at a time and place convenient to you
- Call the Metfriendly Member Services team on 01689 891454
- Or simply apply for one of our lump sum products online.
SPECIAL OFFER – Metfriendly is adding an extra 1% to the return on your hard-earned savings for new lump sum investments. Offer available until 31st December 2020.
- An additional 1% bonus when you invest or transfer from another provider at least £20,000 into a Metfriendly Lump Sum ISA or/and With-Profit Bond.
- All funds must be received before 31st December 2020.
Read the full offer terms and conditions here.
Why choose Metfriendly?
- Better protection – your money is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for Insurance products. This means that there is no upper limit on the amount protected, unlike the FSCS Deposit and Investment schemes which are limited to £85,000 per person, per company.
- Bringing all your investments together into one place can make life simpler and enable you to take advantage of the unlimited coverage. Talk to Metfriendly if you'd like to transfer an ISA from another provider.
- Metfriendly’s investment strategy is delivered in a compliant and financially responsible manner. This focuses on maintaining good levels of solvency to deliver a sustainable future for the organisation.
- Metfriendly uses "smoothing" which aims to smooth out ups and downs in times of uncertain markets in order to provide consistent, competitive returns.
- Your family members can apply too and take advantage of Metfriendly offers.
To learn more about Metfriendly retirement events visit metfriendly.org.uk