Welfare Support Programme (WSP)
Our Welfare Support Programme (WSP) provides invaluable support to members throughout England and Wales. The service, provided by Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS), is available to all subscribing PFEW members and operates from Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
What support does the WSP provide?
The following support is provided by WSP:
- practical and mental support – around general wellbeing, debt, relationships and substance misuse
- clinical assessment and dedicated counselling – complex situations are assessed and broken down into manageable parts with regular phone calls or visits if required. Counsellor’s are approved by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- person-centred support (via telephone or face-to-face) – the service will build a support plan around the individual tailored to their needs
- access to fully trained and accredited professionals – DMWS’ welfare team are fully trained and accredited by the Institute of Welfare in Mental Health First Aid.
- independent and confidential support – DMWS is working in partnership with PFEW, so all information is independent and confidential
- referrals to appropriate follow-on specialist support – DMWS will find the best solution for the individual. This may mean referring to other organisations, particularly if the person has a specific issue that requires specialist help.
How do I access the service?
The service is only available to PFEW members through their local Federation branch.