Sometimes we all need a bit of help and as your branch, we'll make every effort to give you all the support you need, if and when you need it. However, there may be times when more specialist provision is needed outside of what we can offer locally – which is why we have a Welfare Support Programme (WSP) in place.
The WSP provides invaluable support to members throughout England and Wales. The service is provided by Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) and is available to all subscribing PFEW members Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
What service does our WSP provide?
Our WSP offers a wide range of welfare support that includes:
- practical and mental support
- clinical assessment/counselling
- person-centred support (via telephone or face-to-face)
- access to fully trained and accredited professionals
- independent and confidential support
- referrals to appropriate follow-on specialist support, if needed.
All subscribing PFEW members can be referred to the service, but unfortunately it does not provide support to family members. For more information on how the referral and assessment process works, or to find out more information on the range of support we can offer you, please speak either speak to a Fed' Rep or contact our office at :