90 days from today is Mon, 17 January 2022

Avon & Somerset Police Federation

Avon and Somerset Benevolent Fund

It won’t happen to me, or to any of my colleagues, that unforeseen accident, unexpected bereavement or other insurmountable problem, of course it won’t. Unfortunately events that change lives for ever, and turn day to day living from normal to somewhere between uncomfortable to downright intolerable, do happen and sometimes they do happen to us, to our workmates, or to people they really care about.


What is the Benevolent Fund?

In 1974 the Avon and Somerset Constabulary Benevolent Fund was created when the previous smaller Bristol, Somerset and Bath Constabularies were brought together. There is a long history of these such Funds around the Country.

The Fund is a registered Charity and provides financial help to existing Avon and Somerset Constabulary officers and retired colleagues.



Your donation is very important to us and will help the Fund provide financial aid to police officers of this Constabulary either serving or retired and their dependants where there is a need. Every little helps and all donations however small will be welcome. Another simple way of helping the fund is by remembering the fund in your will. Leaving a legacy is free from inheritance tax. The Donation form is here and you can apply for Gift Aid which can be done here.


Fund Purpose?

The Fund exists to help those in difficulty. If someone is in real need of assistance, then the Fund can help by way of grant or a loan.

The Benevolent Fund can and does contribute to changing lives for the better, helping those whom for whatever reason, are unable to help themselves, and make life bearable again.


How can I request Support and Assistance?

You can request financial assistance for a wide range of circumstances which are outlined in the guidance document. Essentially if you have a problem that has or will become a financial crisis we may be able to help. You just need to take the initial step of making a request which will be dealt with in complete confidence.


How do I request Support and Assistance?

Any serving officer, retired officer, widow and dependent can apply by contacting the administrator by phone, email or post.  The administrator will arrange to obtain the necessary information from you and present this to the trustees for consideration . Third party referrals can be made by anyone providing the person concerned knows of the referral and agrees. You will find all the forms required below for download and printing. Full details are on the website here, including application forms and guidance on how to apply