Sorry, this vacancy is no longer available.
About Police Federation of England & Wales
When you join the Police Federation of England and Wales, you will be part of a non-for-profit organisation that serves more than 139,000 rank and file police officers in the political and personal arena. You will work with experts in policing, motivated colleagues, and front-line officers to position the organisation as the undisputed voice of policing.
If you enjoy working in a challenging and complex environment, connecting with a diverse range of people, Police Federation of England & Wales is a great place to work.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will cover all areas of financial accounting and support the delivery of management accounts as well as financial statements for the organisation.
- Support the Financial Controller and team with overall financial accounting queries
- Partner with Stakeholders to support with the timely delivery of financial information, deal with technical queries and provide solutions
- Lead the production of monthly management accounts (revenue recognition, general ledger postings, accruals/prepayments, fixed assets, purchase ledger)
- Assist in preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the annual audit and preparation of the financial statements in accordance with FRS102
- Responsible for preparing draft tax returns and VAT returns
- Providing financial information to the relevant regulatory bodies including surveys, within a timely manner
- Identifying and executing on continual process improvements, ensuring systems and processes are operating as designed
- Supporting with any ad-hoc projects as well as supervising part of the admin team
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant with up-to-date technical accounting knowledge
- Practice trained with experience of working in both practice and industry
- Proven experience of dealing with external audit process and preparing statutory financial statements
- Previous experience using accounting systems (preferably Microsoft dynamics but not essential)
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Team player, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
What PFEW will offer you
We offer multiple benefits to our HQ employees including: flexible working, hybrid working, competitive salary, private healthcare, enhanced pension contribution, enhanced leave, employee assistance program, onsite free lunches and refreshments, free onsite gym, free onsite parking, 26 days holiday (increasing with length of service), mental health clinics, support for continuous professional development, employee discounts and more….
- Telephone Interview with Talent Acquisition Lead
- Take home assessment
- Virtual Interview with Financial Controller and Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Cover letter needed?
See job profile