A Christmas & New Year Message from the WMPolfed Conduct & Performance Committee
23 November 2018
On behalf of the West Mids Polfed Conduct and Performance Committee, may we wish everyone a happy and relaxing (where possible) Xmas and New Year.
For those of you working - stay safe
For those of you fortunate enough to have a few days off - enjoy
Why this message - every year we get asked why do we circulate something like this, and every year one or more officers get arrested over the Xmas/New Year period ...
So, again, a bit of advice to help keep your festive period festive and to avoid anyone meeting the on call Fed Rep and solicitor at Perry Barr/Oldbury etc ...
- Don't drink and drive
- Don't use your warrant card to travel on public transport unless it's to and from work - and not whilst you're under the influence of alcohol
- Don't consume excess alcohol on an evening when you're on earlies the next day - keep in view your fitness to drive and work the next morning
- Drink sensibly - if you're out in a group, look after each other
- Don't give your personal mobile out to any member of the public you've met via your day job/role as a police officer - on duty or off duty
- Don't go out socially with any member of the public you've met via your day job/role as a police officer
- If you find yourself in a difficult/challenging domestic/family situation - walk away ...
Don't use social media whilst under the influence of alcohol - think before you hit 'post/send'