The General Secretary of the PFEW is the Data Controller for processing data.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Police Federation of England and Wales
Tel: 01372 352059
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our site we use a third party service Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google Analytics to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
The information we may collect:
- Your name *
- Your address *
- Your email and / or postal address *
- Station / Department to which attached *
- Your contact telephone number *
- Date of birth *
- National insurance number (as an unique reference) *
- Medical information (if provided and a specific outline will be provided as to why and whom this data will be shared with and processed) *
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details in relation to collection of subscriptions, welfare / Benevolent scheme details)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone.
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our databases in the UK and managed by the PFEW at Leatherhead.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide you with the most effective membership services, in line with our core purpose and contract with you, relevant personal information will be shared with other trusted third parties which you will have signed up to or have a contract with. Examples of these are:
- Pension scheme providers
- Legal advisors (this will be determined at time of funding being agreed and you will be informed)
- Your police force
- PFEW (Leatherhead)
- Dave Talbot Associates (in relation to the current database)
- Accenture during the migration and deployment of new claims database until handover
- Welfare / Benevolent / Gurney funds / Police dependants trust (you will be asked for your consent or form a contract if this becomes applicable)
- Other third parties for the purpose of:
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent and contract to process the information marked with an * above which is collected at the outset of the joining process.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will be vital interests, contract or consent as required.
Elections form part of our legal entity and are laid down in statute. We will process our election procedure under legal obligation.
You have the right, at any time, to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. To make a Subject Access Request for your personal information please email: email@example.com
This will be dealt with within one calendar month.
Under GDPR, you will also have the following rights:
- Restriction of processing
- Data portability.
Please contact the Data Protection Officer for information regarding any of this section.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. This can be found on our website or by contacting your Branch office.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing GDPR@polfed.org
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to the Data Protection Officer by email to GDPR@polfed.org or your Branch Secretary.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance. You may also wish to contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):